We have had to revise our class schedule. Thanks to Nancy, we are still going to have a class–this one is geared for beginners and a new option for all members is the open workshop.
New Member Introduction to Wire Wrapping, and Open Workshop
When: Thursday, April 27th @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Where: SeaBreeze Recreation Center, Destin Room
Instructor: Nancy Buettner
What will be covered: Explanation of tools, wire, and other supplies needed to attend SIG classes.
- bring any tools you have (the club has some loaner tools)
- Bead Mat.
- The blue mat pictured below is a bead mat.
- The actual use of a bead mat is to keep beads from rolling around and off your work space.
- Small seed beads will sit up with the holes on top, making them easier to pick up with a needle
- You can buy just the mat, or a mat in a case (allows you to close the case and carry what you’re working on home)
- supplies will be provided to make a simple pair of earrings.
This is an excellent class for anyone just getting started wire wrapping or who would like a refresher
All others members are invited to use this time as a workshop. Bring your projects to work on.
- Do you have a project you just haven’t gotten around to finishing? Now’s your chance
- Want to have another go at a past class project, with support from others?
- New members can see the variety of projects they can learn to create
- Enjoy the time and camaraderie of other wire-wrapping and jewelry making enthusiasts of all levels
- Connect and share