Lotus Bud Wire Wrapped Round Pendant
When: Thursday, October 27 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Where: SeaBreeze Recreation Center, Destin Room
Instructor: Deb Delvaux
What will be covered: This class will feature a new wire-wrapped technique that Deb found and is going to share with us. The stone can be larger than the previous projects have been–it is often easier to wrap a larger stone.
- round nose pliers
- chain link pliers
- wire cutter
- bead mat
- 1 round cabochon, at least 20 mm (3/4 inch) diameter. You can go larger if you like.
- 1 piece 18 or 20 gauge wire, 5x the diameter of the stone, ie 4 inches for a 20mm stone
- 4 pieces 22 or 24 gauge wire, each piece should be 4x the diameter of the stone
- 1 piece 26 gauge wire, for wrapping
- 4-6 small crystals or beads, 2 or 3 or 4 mm in size. Coordinate the color with your cabochon.
The more wire wrapping classes we schedule, the better you will become at wire wrapping. Each instructor is different, and you will always take something new away from each class that you can use as you develop your own techniques and skills.