On Thursday, August 26, at 6:00 pm Wendy Griffith is teaching Beginning Viking Knitting . The process involves knitting the wire around a rod (or wooden dowel) and then pulling it through a draw plate to get it to the desired final diameter.
Items that you will need are:
- Plastic Draw Plate (most easily found on Amazon)
- Wire Cutters
- Wire Straightener (pliers)
- 2 Small Rubber Bands
- 24 – 26 Gauge Wire in color of your choice
- 22 Gauge Wire in gold or silver (to finish project)
- 2 End Caps in gold or silver
- 2 Small Jump Rings
- Closing Set (clasp and ring) in gold silver
- *Wooden Dowel – 12 inches long by 1/2 inch diameter
- *Six Loop Daisy Cap (using 20 gauge wire)
- *Push Pin
Wendy has premade sets of the dowels, daisy cap, and push pins available to participants for $3.00. There is a sign-up sheet on the front table at our workshops on Thursday and Sunday. If you are not able to make it to one of the workshops, please email Wendy to let her know that you would like to attend. If you would like a premade start up kit please contact Wendy in advance (so that she can have enough made).
Any questions should be directed to Wendy at email@example.com